The BASYS Guard system offers a simple and efficient solution for monitoring rounds made by security, fire service and maintenance personnel.
The most important element of the system is a handheld ProxiPen Data Collection Unit. A person making the rounds carries it with himself and uses it to read tags appropriately positioned along the route. Each tag has a unique code that unambiguously identifies the spot where it is placed. Tag readings are stored in the ProxiPen memory, and later transferred to a computer. A standard AA battery will suffice for 50.000 readings. Any kind of tampering with data is impossible by design.
TG PRIMO software enables:
- defining the names of tagged spots
- entering names of persons making rounds
- defining incidents to be monitored during rounds
- transferring data from the ProxiPen into computer memory
- report creation and printing.
The system consists of a range of components that are listed in the BASYS Guard catalogue. The basic set of components, sufficient for fully functional monitoring of less demanding rounds, is delivered as a ProxiPen Kit, containing:
- ProxiPen Data Collection Unit
- TG PRIMO software
- Serial communication interface with power-supply
- 25 tags, 30 mm diameter
- 5 tags, 50 mm diameter
- 1 incident booklet with 12 tags, 20 mm diameter
- 1 key fob ID tag
- 1 wrist band ID tag
- 1 ISO CD card with magnetic stripe
ProxiPen Data Collection Unit technical data:
- Housing: polycarbonate
- Potting material: silicon or equivalent
- Dimensions: 190 x 32 x 25 mm
- Weight: 140 g
- Temperature range: -20°C to + 70°C
- IP protection grade: IP64
- Mechanical shock resistance: free fall from 1,5 m on concrete
- Reading: without contact 3-18 mm, depending on the data tag. Reads through glass, wood, plastic, etc.
- Tag frequency: 125 kHz
- Memory capacity: 4063 readings
- Time resolution: 1 minute
- Data transfer: RF, 2400 to 115200 Baud
- Data upload time: approx. 1 minute (full memory)
- Power-supply: one 1,5 V AA battery
- Recommended batteries: Duracell Ultra Alcaline, Energizer Hi-Energy Lithium, Sanyo Twicell 1600 NiMH Rechargeable
- Data remain memorized even after the batteries are taken out
- Data lifetime after the termination of use: approx. 1 year
- Number of readings with one of the recommended batteries: up to 50.000
For any technical or commercial information on the BASYS Guard system, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact us.